Our Student Recruitment Team work in partnership with schools, education providers and careers advice professionals throughout Greater Manchester.
The team provides pupils and school staff with a variety of information on all the opportunities available in post-16 education. Working closely with the Careers Team, they aim to raise aspirations and support students to make informed decisions on their next steps. The team utilises the 8 Gatsby benchmarks to assist education providers in developing their careers programme.
Provider Access Legislation: How Oldham College Can Help Your School
The Provider Access Legislation (PAL) specifies that schools and colleges must supply at least six meaningful encounters with approved providers of technical and professional education for all of their students. ‘Encounters’ take place twice in years 8 or 9, in years 10 or 11 and in years 12 or 13. This is designed to ensure that all young people understand the academic and technical and professional educational routes available to them, so that they can make informed choices at every stage.
As the leading provider of technical and professional education in Oldham, we are able to support you in ensuring you meet these new requirements.
- Empower students to identify their best next steps and the opportunities now available to them
- Use local and national LMI to demonstrate career routes and we will share our Oldham versions of the IFATE Occupational Maps
- Provide expertise on all the latest technical and professional qualifications and their progression routes
- Support you with your Careers Programme and Gatsby Benchmark scores
- Provide equality of access to information and understanding
Please get in touch if you would like us to deliver any of the following sessions:
Year Group Assemblies
Focused on technical and professional education
T Levels, Apprenticeships and specific courses
Careers fairs, school events and parents’ evenings
Interview tips, CV and application support
Pupil career guidance and support
Including campus tours
Your pupils are also welcome to join us at one of our open days