T Levels are right for you if you’re moving on from GCSE studies, will be 16-18 years old and think you would enjoy a practical approach to studying that includes a 45-day industry placement with an employer. 

They’re also aimed at learners who might want to pursue a technical education route into work rather than taking a traditional academic path. 

T Levels are also right for you if you’re looking for a mix of knowledge and experience that can open the door into skilled employment, further study or a higher apprenticeship. 

Why choose a T Level?

  • Get a college-based technical qualification at Level 3 – equivalent to three A-Levels 
  • Enjoy a 45-day industry placement 
  • Get a nationally-recognised certificate supported by leading businesses locally and nationwide 
  • Study without incurring tuition fees, if you start your course before you are 19. 

What’s the difference between an Apprenticeship and a T Level?

T Levels include about 20 per cent of your time spent on a work placement, and the rest, around 80 per cent, on classroom-based learning. 

An Apprenticeship is the reverse: 80 per cent of your time is spent in employment and 20 per cent in the classroom. 

It’s important to note that when studying a T Level you are not employed by a business, you are on a work placement with them, so you would not receive a wage whilst studying a T Level. However, Oldham College does offer Bursary funding to support T Level students’ work placements to support your travel and other costs. 

Apprenticeships are paid, work-based training for those who know exactly which occupation they want to get into.

A T Level gives you a much broader chance to continue your studies and understand what it is like to work in a certain employment sector. The opportunity for you to specialise comes later. 

Search All Site: