What's On


T Levels: Deliver an industry placement

Provide a young person with an exciting career opportunity, and become part of our T Level journey, by offering an industry placement

A large part of our T Level success so far is down to industry placements offered by local employers.

T Levels are two-year Level 3 qualifications, equivalent to three A Levels. Learners spend 80% of the course learning in the classroom, and the other 20% putting the knowledge and skills they’ve learned into practice on a real-world industry placement.

Industry placements are developed in collaboration with educators and employers, who work together to provide learners with the opportunity to develop technical skills relevant to their chosen sector – that also help businesses to thrive.

What’s involved?

Employers must deliver a placement, of minimum 315 hours, that takes place 100% in person, incorporating the typical requirements of the industry into tasks.

They must also arrange for a line manager to support and mentor the learner throughout their placement, and attend review meetings with the learner and the college mid-way through and at the end of the industry placement.


Industry placements bring a number of business benefits, including:

  • Inspiring the next generation to work in your industry
  • Tapping into a cost-effective skills pool to recruit
  • Resolving current and future entry-level skills shortages

An industry placement learner also provides extra resource for your projects and day-to-day operations.

Akddus Khan, Learning & Development Commissioner at Oldham Council, worked with learners from our first T Level Digital Production, Design and Development cohort. He says:

“The advice that I’d give to other employers is to create opportunities. This is your pipeline of future talent – and investing in it is so important. “Young people have opportunities on their doorstep – it’s about getting in touch with that, as an employer, and making the most of it.”

Read more about Akddus’ experience of industry placements.

Employer fund Earlier this year, the Department for Education (DfE) announced a T Level support fund for employers hosting an industry placement.

The fund covers legitimate costs associated with hosting the placement. This includes:

  • administrative costs: such as setting up processes and procedures, and the physical workspace
  • training costs, such as training up existing staff
  • tangible costs, such as equipment, insurance and supplies directly related to the placement.

Any employer offering a suitable placement between 1st April 2023 and 31st March 2024 (inclusive) is eligible to claim for costs.

Oldham College will assist you with this process, ensuring that you are supported throughout.

Get involved

Are you interested in working with us to deliver an industry placement? Contact the team to find out more.

Today >


Come and see for yourself

Search All Site: