- Title: Apprenticeship In Nail Technician
- Code: SAONAILS
- Level: Level
- Length: 0
- Term: Work Based
- Faculty: Retail & Commercial
- This course is a progression route from Level 2 Beauty or Nails , candidates must have manicure and pedicure qualifications
- This is an advanced nail qualification, covering, gel and acrylic extensions, wrap, nail art, electronic filing, embedding, marbling, alternative nail shapes and a photoshoot on a theme.
- On completing this course, the apprentice will have excellent skills as a nail technician and will be able to provide a high quality service
- The apprentice will attend College on Tuesday for theory and practical
- In salon, the apprentice will be expected to practice skills learned in College and when competent, will request assessment
- We place apprentices in excellent salons to hone their skills and gain a high quality qualification.
- Apprentices must work towards Functional skills Level 2 Maths and English unless they have GCSE grade C as concessions
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities will be delivered in half term holidays and this is a mandatory part of the framework
No Formal Entry Requirements
- A good nail technician needs great customer service, a flair for creativity and a neat precise way of working.
- Apprentices can progress onto Level 3 Beauty as another apprenticeship or maybe Hairdressing or Make-up courses.
- The current apprenticeship wage is £3.40 per hour, minimum.
All students at Oldham College will participate in a personalised study programme that will maximise your potential and enable you to progress onto employment, apprenticeships or higher education.
This means you will:
- Study a core qualification in a vocational discipline and
continue to develop your English and Maths skills through functional skills, GCSE resits and the option of Level 3 qualifications
- Participate in meaningful work experience
- Enjoy a range of enrichment opportunities e.g. basketball, archery, skiing and sign language
- Take part in dedicated tutorial sessions to review your progress and development
Visit: www.oldham.ac.uk or Call: 0161 785 4000