In January 2015 this brand new £9 million building opened, containing state-of-the-art equipment and facilities including:
- A new media suite, complete with animation and recording studios; radio and TV studios will also be available to hire and use by employees and the public outside of teaching time
- Learning classrooms and open plan learning spaces for over 500 students
- Seven computer learning areas and practical computer and programming labs
- Visual arts spaces for graphics, games art, digital & 3D design, pottery, art, photography and textiles
- A Fab Lab – due to open in 2016, this digital fabrication laboratory will enable students and the community to turn their ideas into new products and prototypes by providing access to a range of advanced digital manufacturing technology
Building B is home to the Faculty of Digital & Creative. The Faculty of Performing Arts & Media also have a base here as well as in the Bellis Building.
Oldham College is delighted to have the Grange Theatre, an industry standard, fully operational theatre.
Students from our Faculty of Performing Arts & Media practice, rehearse and put on productions here throughout the year, many of which are open to the public.
The Grange Theatre is also a venue for hire, providing a professional service to local businesses, dance schools, amateur groups and touring theatre companies alike.
You can look up and book tickets for upcoming performances at: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/venue/EDEIDK
Box Office Opening Times
Based in the Grange Theatre entrance (onsite at Oldham College), the Box Office is open Tuesday and Wednesday from 12pm to 2pm and 1 hour prior to performances.
You can also call 0161 785 4239 or email: email@example.com
This building was opened in 2003 and named after David Bellis, a former student who has gone on to become one of the borough’s most successful businessmen after founding the banknote manufacturer ‘Innovative Technology’.
Within the Bellis Building you will find facilities belonging to three faculties – Development Studies, Performing Arts and Construction & The Built Environment.
For Performing Arts there are dance studios and classrooms. Other facilities including a music, film and audio studios are based in Building B.
On the ground floor is a Learning Resource Centre with access to computers and online facilities.