Paralegal Apprenticeship Level 3
- Job Ref: VAC-001616
- Location: Rochdale
- Salary: £130.00 Per Week
- Number of vacancies: 2
- Closing date: --
We are a long established legal firm with three offices in and around the North West of England. We have two offices in Rochdale; one in Yorkshire Street and another on South Parade and one in Bury.
Many of our team have been with us for years and our ability to provide a constant level of excellent service in conveyancing for your next house move, provide business advice and commercial property services, a will for you and your partner or assist with your divorce, personal injury or clinical negligence claim means that many of our clients come back to us time and time again.
We understand the need to provide a quality service to all its clients and so strive to base its business practice on the following principles:
• The client’s needs are paramount. We only exist because of our clients and they are the most important part of this firm.
• Professionalism in everything we do. Our clients expect and should receive unmitigated levels of competency
• Fight for our clients. Passion and conviction leads to exceptional results which should always be our aim.
• Proactivity is the key to efficient fast settlements. Regular reviews of files to ensure matters are not left to stagnate. Communications with opponents by telephone wherever possible avoiding unnecessary correspondence which only delays matters.
• Availability. Clients must be able to speak to the solicitor dealing with their matters rather than having to deal with their cases via voicemail and administration staff.
We are looking to recruit a paralegal apprentice who has a willingness to learn and develop themselves within the company.
This will be an administrative role supporting the team to ensure clients receive the best possible service and you will be able to demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills as well as attention to detail.
Training to be provided (Qualifications to be gained):
• Level 3 Paralegal Apprenticeship
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Essential: A-C grades in English, Math’s and IT or equivalent
• Good computer skills (good grasp of
Various packages such as Microsoft word,
• Well mannered
• Calm under pressure
• A professional and friendly manner
• Willingness and ability to learn on the job
• Friendly, confident and reliable
• Hardworking, eager to learn and develop new skills
• Team worker with a flexible, professional attitude
• Professional telephone manner
Desired personal qualities:
• Must have good organisational skills
• Must have attention to detail
• Good numerical, IT and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to work under pressure and willingness to accept changing priorities when new jobs need to be completed.
• Ability to work with people at all levels towards achieving internal and external clients’ and team objectives
• Previous work experience involving dealing with people is useful but not essential
This is a very real opportunity for the right candidate to continue with the firm and develop their job role at the end of the apprenticeship program. Many of our staff have been with us for years, some started as trainees and are now qualified solicitors.
• Administration of files
• To support the team with administrative tasks and action work as delegated by supervisor
• Assist with legal matters and transactions
• Ensuring adherence to legal and regulatory requirements relevant to the role
• Provide telephone support and deal with client queries
• Opening new instructions accurately and within service standards
• Ensure work issues or problems are reported immediately
• Produce bespoke quotations and take initial enquiries
• Set up new files on case management system ensuring accuracy of detail and compliance with regulations
• Produce standard correspondence from case management
• Draft nonstandard, non-technical correspondence
• Prepare Contract packages, searches and completion letters
• Update clients and third parties throughout the transaction
• Deal with incoming and outgoing post
• Provide reception services and direct clients as needed
• Take responsibility for maintaining orderly file system
• Collate and report management information
• Deal with post completion applications