Apprentice in Sewing machine/textiles Level 2
- Job Ref: VAC-001615
- Location: Rochdale
- Salary: £133.00 Per Week
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Closing date: --
Founded in 1974 in Rochdale, we are a manufacturing hub specialising in fast fashion for woman’s clothing. We supply to leading online retailers such as Boohoo, ASOS, Pretty little things and Missguided
Our mission is to uphold the values of honesty, integrity and teamwork instilled by its founders to provide professional garment manufacture to businesses at a competitive price both nationally and internationally.
Through strategic partnerships and with over forty years’ experience, we continue to deliver high quality solutions to businesses of all sizes on a national and international level.
Overview of the role (what will the learner be doing and what will the learner gain): You will work in the production area of a factory, producing high fashion garments for brands such as Pretty Little Thing and ASOS.
You will be trained to use a range of industrial sewing machines, such as overlocker and lock-stich machines. You will work on the production line and will get the opportunity to work on a variety of machines and products.
You will be trained to quality inspection garments.
You will gain all round experience of garment construction methods.
Training to be provided (Qualifications to be gained):
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Fashion & Textile
Level 2 Certificate in Apparel, Footwear, Leather or Textile Production
Level 2 Certificate in Manufacturing Sewn Products
Functional Skills Level 1 English
Functional Skills Level 1 Mathematics
• Experience / interest in the Fashion & Textile Industry
• Experience of using industrial sewing machines
Desired personal qualities:
• Punctual and reliable.
Progress to Full time Employment
Work in the production area of a factory, you will produce high fashion garments for brands such as Pretty Little Thing and ASOS.
You will -
• Use industrial sewing machines to make up and assemble high fashion clothing
• Quality check garments
• Gain a vast experience of garment production skills and methods
In college you will –
• Learn apparel manufacturing techniques
• Use a wide range of industrial sewing machines
• Learn how follow health & safety rules and regulations
• Research materials used in production
• Research the history of apparel
Desired qualifications No formal qualifications required – Initial assessments will be done for Maths and English. Need to be working at E3-Working towards L1 as a minimum requirement.
A sewing test assessment will also be done.
Things to consider (optional)
Can you travel to Rochdale Oldham College one day per week?
Extra questions you’d like to ask candidate’s
1. Do you have an interest in fashion?
2. Can you travel to Rochdale four days a week for work, one day a week to Oldham for training?