Apprenticeship In Fashion and Textiles
- Job Ref: VAC-001615
- Location: Rochdale
- Salary: £133.00 Per Week
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Closing date: --
About the employer: Founded in 1974, ASK is a manufacturing hub which specializing in women wear production. We supply to leading on line retailers and offer every stage from design to manufacture.
Our mission is to uphold the values of honesty, integrity and teamwork instilled by its founders to provide professional garment manufacture to businesses at a competitive price both nationally and internationally.
Through strategic partnerships and with over forty years’ experience, we continue to deliver high quality solutions to businesses of all sizes on a national and international level.
Overview of the role (what will the learner be doing and what will the learner gain):
• Make up and assemble apparel systems
• To create the product using a variety of machines to produce different finishes
• Investigate materials and styles
• Maintain the quality of production working with textiles
• Illustrate a fashion design concept using CAD
• Produce sample garments for manufacture
Training to be provided (Qualifications to be gained):
Level 3 Apprenticeship in Fashion & Textile Employment Rights and Responsibilities certificate
• Experience in the Design / Textile Industry
• Experience of working with commercial sewing machines
• Level 2 in Fashion and Textiles or equivalent
Desired personal qualities:
• Punctual and reliable.
• Self motivated
Progress to Full time Employment
Minimum of GCSEs (A-D Grade ) in Maths, English,
Minimum Level 2 Fashion and Textiles Accredited
Things to consider (optional)
Do you have a sewing qualification and GCSE A-D in Maths and English
Can you travel to Rochdale four days a week for work and one day a week to Oldham for training?