Apprentice in Performing Manufacturing Operations Level 2
- Job Ref: VAC-001466
- Location: Oldham
- Salary: £160.00 Per Week
- Number of vacancies: 2
- Closing date: --
A family-run business based in Manchester, UK, Hopwood Gears has over 40 years of experience in offering a wide range of power transmission solutions. We have over 120 machine tools in our facility, and we’re equipped with the most up to date manufacturing techniques which enable us to service well over 1000 worldwide clients who return time after time.
If you feel you have the skills and qualities to produce products to the highest of standards, then this is the perfect opportunity for you to join an established, yet growing business.
Job Description: Day to day activities and expectations within the role
• Set up, and operate machinery
• Read engineering drawings
• Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, height gauges and other measuring devices.
• Report deviations from specifications and tolerances to supervisor.
• You will be expected to keep work areas clean and tidy at all times.
• Apprentices may also be required to perform other duties as specified by the manager once
• competent and trained to do so
• Comply with all Health and Safety requirements as instructed on induction and throughout your apprenticeship program.
• Be proactive at reporting potential hazards
• A comprehensive training program will be given
• Attention to detail
• Able to follow concise instructions.
• Keen to learn.
• Good team player.
• Supportive of others.
• A presentable person with a willingness to learn new skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Dependable, good time keeping
• Flexible and positive attitude to personal development
• Demonstrate effective team working skills
• Commitment and a willingness to learn is essential
• Interest in manufacturing processes, hands on shop floor working environment
• Good legible handwriting and numeracy skills are required for this position
• GCSE A-D in English and Maths or equivalent attainment would be desirable
Qualification to be gained: Title and level
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Manufacturing Operations (QCF)
Level 2 Certificate in Manufacturing Practices (QCF)
Functional Skills English Level 1
Functional Skills Maths Level 1
Employment Rights and Responsibilities