Property Maintenance Apprentice
- Job Ref: VAC-001303
- Location: Oldham
- Salary: £133.00 Per Week
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Closing date: --
We are a building contractors operating across the North West carrying out a wide range of building projects on both domestic and commercial we carry all aspects of maintenance including roof work, plastering, plumbing, bathrooms, groundwork, drainage to new builds and extensions
We are looking for someone outgoing and confident to Join our team, you will be working alongside us
and contractors on various projects across the North West in return you will learn all aspects of the
Job Description: Day to day activities and expectations within the role
• Multi-skilled training around the mechanisms of buildings. The electrical, plumbing, plant, safety
Systems and equipment.
• To be commitment to work, study and gain experience within the trade.
• To work alongside fully qualified and experienced multi-skilled staff to help to complete
a range of repairs and maintenance activities.
• Contributing and participating in general tasks, these will be basic initially although
increasing in complexity as the right individual skills develops.
• Maintain tools and equipment to the required levels and in accordance with health & safety
• Maintain stock of building materials and help with restocking when needed
• Ability to follow clear instructions and follow health & safety practices put in place
• To be able to work as part of a team
• Punctual and polite individual with a genuine commitment to a construction trade.
• Trades to be learnt are: Carpentry & joinery, Plastering, Brickwork, Painting, tiling, Plumbing,
electrical, Heating and ventilation
• To be able to work in small team, be reliable, be trustworthy and use own initiative
• Full Driving license and car advantage but not essential
Person Specification: This will be used for initial short-listing criteria
• GCSE A-D English or maths (or equivalent such as Functional Skills Level 1)
• Able to get to Shaw, Royton, Oldham by 7am
• Experience of working in the construction industry would be useful
• Basic understanding of construction trades and a familiarity with the tools of the trade, would be