Have you worked with Oldham College within the last 12 months? No
We have been an established independent Estate Agent since 1983, offering arguably the best service and staff in and around Oldham. Over the years, we have expanded our offering to cover Financial and Legal services, such as conveyancing, wills & probate, mortgage and protection advice, pension advice, and more.
As a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, National Association of Estate Agents and The Ombudsman for Estate Agents Scheme, we provide an efficient and friendly service to the local community.
We continually invest heavily in our staff that operate over four local offices in Chadderton, Royton, Shaw, and Uppermill, and all of them are passionate and friendly with intimate knowledge of their local areas.
We also take the marketing of your property very seriously; after all, our business depends on it. Marketing techniques have changed considerably over the years, and we always strive to be one step ahead of the competition to make sure we not only sell or let your property but that we achieve the best possible price in the process. Our intention is to provide a service that is second to none
We are currently looking for a business administration apprentice to join our vibrant administration team and to develop within our ever-growing company.
Job Description: Day to day activities and expectations within the role
Welcoming visitors to the office and preparing drinks as required
• Dealing with incoming telephone calls as well as making outbound calls as required
• Handling correspondence
• Booking appointments
• Checking and dealing with emails from clients and customers
• Using Office equipment such as scanner and photocopier (full training will be given)
• General filing duties
• Using Microsoft Office to draft correspondence and reports
• Other duties as required
• Using bespoke company software
• Using the company diary and adding appointments etc.
• Arranging Valuations
• Arranging viewings
• Taking instructions and sending out contracts
• Adding new applicants and applicant matching
Experience in using Microsoft Office Packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook would be advantageous
You will be able to work under pressure and have good planning & organisational skills
Our preferred candidate will be punctual, reliable, honest and hardworking. Whilst full training is given, we expect you to be pro-active and able to work on your own initiative.
You will also have an excellent telephone manner and be of a smart appearance.
- Excellent IT skills including Excel
- A-D grades in English, maths and IT or equivalent
- Strong Numeracy Skills
- Confident personality
- Well Mannered, Punctual and reliable
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Able to pay attention to detail
- Professional telephone manner
- Use strong influencing skills with customers and internal support
- Be commercially astute
- Have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Be able to deal with difficult people and situations
- Be driven to and able to work towards deadlines.
- Able to work flexible hours
Qualification to be gained: Title and level
• NVQ Level 2 Business Admin Diploma
• Functional Skills English Level 1
• Functional Skills Maths Level 1
• Functional Skills ICT Level 1
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities